I have a question for you. Do you notice how many ways you love? What I mean by that is, do you see the ways your love is visible? What do you think about it?
I noticed in this time apart from the world that my love for those closest to me has deepened. I also noticed the ways my love extends to how I function in the work that I do, otherwise known as my life’s purpose. This love that I speak of also extends to family and friends I have, including those in the past, those in the present as well as those yet to come. The renewing of joy and love in my relationships is what I’ve been seeking for a long time. As I wrote in a previous blog, 2019 kicked rocks. But, at the same time, I accepted that starting a new year meant embracing all the things I asked my higher power to prepare me for. As a result, some things shifted for me over the past few years in order for me to show up in my life the way that I do now. And I don’t take any of it for granted.
I am a person who manifests. What I dream about in the daytime becomes actualized through small steps over the course of months, weeks and many times, hours. When those visions come to pass my recognition of it is comforting and humbling. Tying my metaphysical power aka mentalizing into tangible aspects of my life are the blessings I live for!
If you want to know how to create more joy and appreciation for your life, see a few of the tips I share below and let me know in the comments section what you think. Remember to start and continue building upon 1 action at a time over the course of a month or more before you try a new action or stop the previous one (by the way, don’t stop. Commit and build upon it):
- Write 1-2 desires you want to manifest in your relationships, your wellness and your personal development. Each statement should begin with: “I am” or “I am becoming” as a firm proclamation of what will become your new beliefs.
- Place your proclamations at eye level in a place where you naturally would see them every day. That may be on your fridge, your dresser, your desk, your closest, your wall or your mirror.
- Read each desire aloud, at least 3 times each, listening carefully to your voice as you recite each one. As you recite them see them in your head becoming real; feel them in your body becoming a vibration from the tone in your voice. Get excited about them. (You may find that reciting them more often could also help!)
- At the end of each week, create a list of weekly thoughts, items, feelings, insights, new things that you’ve noticed and for which you are grateful. Then, save that list and place it in an area where you can return to it and build upon it the following week e.g. in a folder or an envelope. Or as I do, cut them into quarters and place them in a jar that’s dedicated to gratitude notes.
- Lastly, when you speak with anyone about anything at all, be clear on your word selection. Before you answer a question, even as simple as “how are you?” be aware of what you say. Energy grows where energy goes. That means that if you automatically start complaining or diminishing the things you said you are grateful for you negate how fortunate life is and instead focus on how bad you feel or think about it. That creates repetition in the negative space you hold for it.
Are you ready to start working on mentalizing and actualizing your action steps? Again, these are the things you must consciously perform regularly with the intention of it all aligning with the goals you’ve set. If you enjoy these tips let me know and I’ll share more of them with you. Don’t forget to drop your thoughts in the comments section below, or send me a DM on Twitter @ashatarry or contribute to the conversation with my Village and me on Instagram @ashatarrymental. I’m here for all the abundance that awaits you!
*This blog is about becoming free. It’s a reflection of introspective thoughts and experiences that have crossed miles of self-discovery. I created this blog to inspire others to live life with less self-criticism, judgment and openness to new experiences. May you find that you learn how to live a life by design and on your own terms!*