Beyonce’. One name, many facets. Not only is this eponymous woman a songstress, but she is also an actress, a visionary, a wife and a mother. And those are just the few titles she claims. But, what is it about Beyonce’ that makes her so magical? Is it her beauty, vision, personal determination, or privilege? Whatever the reasons, is it possible she can teach us how to become unforgettable, too?
Beyonce’ and people like her have a few things in common with people that we admire in our own lives:
1. She shows you what she can do. She doesn’t just talk about what she’s going to do.
2. She continues to add new skills to her repertoire- dancer, director, producer.
3. Her passion is infectious, and her work leaves people with a good feeling.
4. She continues to grow her wealth, and then she gives some of it away, through charity.
5. She stays in her lane and masters it.
As I’ve said before, Bey is not the only one to do this, but she is one of the most memorable. One of her greatest abilities is creating a positive, lasting memory in the minds of others. Dr. Maya Angelou used to say, “people will forget what you say, but they won’t forget how you made them feel.” That’s an incredible way to think of how you want people to feel about what you do well, and how you give back to the world the greatest gifts you were ever given.
Are you designing a life that’s worth living AND remembering?
*This blog is about becoming free. It’s a reflection of introspective thoughts and experiences that have crossed miles of self-discovery. I created this blog to inspire others to live life with less self-criticism, judgment and openness to new experiences. May you find that you learn how to live a life by design and on your own terms!*