People want to know what’s so great about being a boss. It’s different for everyone, but here’s my list of perks & pinches of doing what I’m passionate about every day.
- PERK: It’s exciting to wake up every day and know that you get to do something you’ve created.
- PINCH: It can be challenging, particularly in the beginning of building an enterprise, being the only one who makes all the decisions in your company.
- PERK: It’s rewarding to be in charge of your own schedule, including not having to ask a supervisor for permission to make changes to it.
- PINCH: You don’t have the steady paycheck in the beginning to live off of, which can be quite nerve-wracking if you’ve not saved capital to live off of for a year or more (but that’s fixable).
- PERK: If you love living life with a thrill, you will love being in the driver’s seat as a boss.
- PINCH: It can be isolating at times. At the beginning of your endeavor, you may find how lonely being at the tops feels (also fixable).
- PERK: Once you have begun to flow in your work, other areas including your relationships and finances will change. And if you’re on the right track, they’ll change for the better.
- PINCH: You are in charge of keeping up with your learning objectives, which will require you to adapt, often.
- PERK: After you’ve established yourself as a strong brand from all the consistent work you’ve done, opportunities will be easier to come by. In many cases, opportunities will easily find you.
- PINCH: You will have to perpetually change your boundaries to accommodate your growing lifestyle. That could mean missing important events, losing relationships, and sometimes peace of mind. However, the perks generally outweigh the pinches. So don’t give up. On the other side of a pinch are 10 times more perks. So, enjoy the ride, boss.
*This blog is about becoming free. It’s a reflection of introspective thoughts and experiences that have crossed miles of self-discovery. I created this blog to inspire others to live life with less self-criticism, judgment and openness to new experiences. May you find that you learn how to live a life by design and on your own terms!*